My dad’s iPad was disabled for some unknown reason and he needed to get to open it up. It wasn’t connected to WiFi so we couldn’t remote wipe it from iCloud.com.
Since he doesn’t backup his iPad because he says that he doesn’t need anything on it. He (and everyone) should backup their device using iCloud or iTunes. I had to look this up because I’ve never run into someone who doesn’t back up their device.
- Disconnect all cables from your device.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn’t turn on automatically, turn it on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
- Click OK, then restore the device.